Sweet potato fries are in season in Ontario in the spring and potatoes are a healthy side dish! Why are they healthy? Let me share the ways:
A great source of fiber, vitamins and minerals. Rich in antioxidants protecting you from inflammation.
The bacteria in your colon works together with the sweet potato to provide a strong and healthy intestinal lining.
Cancer fighting antioxidants? Yup, sweet potatoes can do that too. Of course it is still considered test-tube research, but still…
Great For Your Peepers
Tons of beta-carotene are in sweet potatoes that prevents vision loss and improves eye health.
Reducing inflammation and preventing mental decline, sweet potatoes have shown improvements in animals.
So now you know how fantastically healthy sweet potatoes are, grab a spud, peel it up and make some french fries. My son, Nathan prefers sweet potatoes to white potatoes and he LOVES them when I season them up to cook in the air fryer. He pairs it with Siracha Mayo and dips away.
There are a couple of tricks I learned the hard way: slice them thinner to create a crispy fry and make sure you set the timer on your air fryer. I made the mistake of leaving them on the “french fry” setting and the 20 minutes was way too long. They burnt to a crisp.
This is a simple recipe with only a couple of ingredients you already have in your pantry, so season, fry and feed your gut a healthy spud.
Stay sassy friends.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- 2-3 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Peel potato and pat dry. Slice into french fries 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Thinner fries=crispy fries.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and seasoning in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Place the fries in your air fryer in a single layer. *I have placed all of them in the basket at once and shaken part way through cooking. But, the recipe that I followed indicated that fries should be in a single layer allowing air to circulate.
- Cook at 400 for 10 minutes. shake part way through and if they need a smidge more, only cook for a couple extra minutes at a time. They can burn fast!