My kids really only like peanut butter sandwiches. Other than that, sandwiches are not their favorite. I, on the other hand, could eat PB and J every day of the week-in fact, my dad did!
It takes a bit of brain power to think about alternative lunches for me and the kids that does not suck up my entire lunch hour. I refuse to sit at a stove twice a day-once for lunch and once for dinner. Katelyn has said to me that she wants a meal at lunch time. A MEAL!? So, now she cooks more often!
This wrap is simple yet full of flavor and really, it is just assembly. I have included in the recipe below a wee marinade for you to cook your chicken in, but really, I have used any left over chicken at all. If you really want to get ahead of the game and plan ahead-and I do!- then whenever you are planning on having chicken breasts for dinner, whip up a few extra and plan to eat them in this wrap the next day. It may not be as quick as spreading PB and J on toast, but it’s pretty close!
Also, my son, Nathan, loves pickles in this wrap (and I like avocados). I add a few bread and butter pickles in there to add a bit of crunch and he loves it! Oh, and he adds BBQ sauce too, but I really wouldn’t recommend that. To me… that is just plain nasty!
Wrap away and stay sassy friends.
Balsamic Chicken Goat Cheese Wrap
- 3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts Precooked OR see how to cook below
To Cook Chicken
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- salt and pepper To taste
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
In the Wrap
- Arugula or Romaine lettuce
- Handful Dried cranberries or "Craisins"
- Goat cheese Crumbled
- Balsamic glaze *or a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Handful Pecans Chopped
- Large Tortillas
Optional Items to Add
- Sliced Avocado
- Handful Bread and Butter pickles
- If you are using left over chicken, assemble the chicken and items in the section "In the Wrap".
- If you are cooking your chicken, add all ingredients in the section "To Cook Chicken" in a bowl and marinate for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- In a large fry pan, add canola oil on medium high heat.
- Add chicken from marinade and cook 5-7 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Cut chicken into strips and assemble with rest of the ingredients in the tortilla.