The snow is upon us and you know what that means? SOUP!
So, my family is a bit weird. My kids will not eat soup. Full stop. My husband and I love it and we make it just for ourselves and eat it for lunch on the regular. In fact, this week, we are having soup and sandwiches for lunch a couple of times this week. I am pairing it with a hot Genoa Salami sandwich with Provolone and tomato slices, which sounds absolutely amazing to me!
This recipe is so easy- it is a dump it and leave it kind of soup in the crockpot. The coconut milk adds a silky texture and a bit of a sweet flavor that I love!
Give this one a try and I know you will love it!
Butternut Squash Soup
- Crock Pot
- 2 Cups Veggie or Chicken Stock
- 4 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Each Carrot – Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Each Granny Smith Apple – Cored, Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Each Butternutsquash – Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Each Onion – Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Each Sprig Fresh Sage
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Canned Coconut Milk
- Add everything except the coconut milk into the Crock Pot.Cook for 6-8 hours on low, 4 hours on high.Remove sage.Stir in the coconut milk (This is the magic ingredient!)Use a blender to puree until smooth.