I am always looking for new potato recipes. When I cook potatoes, I rotate through mashed, roasted and baked, but I know there are other options. And then I found this recipe that was a great change, and super tasty!
My family is a bit strange-Nathan loves roasted and baked potatoes but not mashed. Katelyn loves mashed and roasted but not baked. Rick and I? We love them all! This is my first post of many on my adventure to find and create potatoes that we have not had before.
This recipe was simple and delish, but be forewarned-you need a good hour to prepare. I used small potatoes, rather than the regular sized potatoes that were recommended in the recipe. I think this cuts down on the cooking time while the potatoes are being boiled, and they are still flavorful. Garlic and butter lathered on potatoes? Hello! And adding a zip of parmesan at the very end… HELLO!
I made these potatoes with the Brined Chicken-see Braised Boobies in my recipes-as the chicken takes over an hour to cook on the BBQ. Timing was perf.
I have a few potato recipes up my sleeve that I am going to be trying, so stay tuned….and stay sassy friends.
Crispy Garlic Butter Smashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
- Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Butter melted
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Parsley fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese grated
- Preheat oven to broil. *You can preheat once potatoes have been boiling for 15 minutes.
- Place potatoes in large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil, cook covered for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Mix together butter, garlic and parsley.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet or tray with cooking spray. Arrange potatoes onto sheet and use a fork or potato masher to LIGHTLY flatten the potatoes. Not too hard!
- Brush the butter mixture over each potato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lightly spray the tops of potatoes with olive oil spray. *I used Pam.
- Broil until potatoes are golden and crispy, about 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on them as they can go from crispy to burnt very quickly!
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and put back in the oven for a few minutes until cheese melts.