Our family loves fajitas and I love making them because I consider it a one-pot meal: veggies, protein and starch all rolled into one, literally.
My son is….well, not picky per se, but he definitely has a particular pallet. He is a meat and potatoes kinda guy and if I can get him to eat some form of a vegetable, then I consider that a huge win. This is a dish that he LOVES the veggies and the meal is super easy to pull together. In fact, he said that if I could make peppers taste like this all the time, he would eat them. So yes! This is something that I totally transfer as a side dish for other meals. All I do is double the seasoning and use half for the meal I am making and save the other half for future pepper side dishes.
Shrimp is something that is quick and easy to make. You can buy them frozen and already cooked-all you need to do is thaw, heat and serve. I mean, really, that is crazy simple, right? If you are that person that tells people “I can’t cook”, I dare you to try this meal and then get in contact with me to tell me how successful you were.
I triple dog dare you! Yup, let your cape flow behind you while to pull this off and tell people that you MADE IT YOURSELF WITH NO PREMADE MIX!
Put the fajita seasoning mix away and make it yourself!
Stay sassy friends.
Easy Skillet Shrimp Fajitas
- 1/2 tsp each Paprika, Chili powder, Cajun seasoning, Cayenne pepper, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 cups Shrimp Cleaned, raw, medium sized
- 1 Red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1 Red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Flour tortillas
- Sour cream
- Chopped cilantro
- In a mixing bowl, add thaw shrimp, peppers, onion and all seasoning. Toss well to evenly coat.
- Add 2 Tbsp olive oil and toss well.
- Heat fry pan on medium heat, add another drop of olive oil. Add shrimp and veggies to pan.
- Cook until shrimp is pink. Peppers will be tender crisp.
- To serve: Spoon shrimp, peppers and onions on tortillas, top with sour cream and cilantro.