This is the perfect dinner to make when your kid student has come home from school and needs something quick before sitting down to study for exams. Full of flavor, lots of protein to stay focused, and a delish handheld meal.
And it checks all the boxes-quick? Check. Easy? Check. Tasty? Check. Cheap? Check.
We eat this in our house when I have a small window of time to cook before getting my kids out the door. This is the ideal dinner as it takes less than 10 minutes-including prep time-and if your kids are like my kids, they can grab and go.
The recipe below can be adapted to include enough for 1 meal or can be made for leftovers for lunch the next day.
Print this out and pass it along to your kid in school-trust me, if they make this, they will feel like a HUGE success!
- Bag of Frozen Shrimp-take 6-10 if you are cooking for 1 meal, use the entire bag if you want left overs
- 1/2 Each red and yellow peppers. Sliced. If you are cooking for 1 meal, use 1/4 of each pepper.
- 1 Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp Each: cumin, paprika, cajun seasoning, oregano
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Small soft Tortilla Shells
- Toppings (optional): sour cream, cilantro…
- Mix the shrimp and peppers with seasoning and lime juice.
- Drizzle olive oil in a fry pan. Add shrimp, peppers and seasoning.
- Cook 4 minutes-shrimp should be pink.
- Add shrimp and peppers to tortilla. Top with sour cream if you wish.