Chimichurri is the newest love in our house. I know it has been around for a long time, but we recently discovered this divine combination of fresh flavors.
Last summer, when the world started to open up, our first stop for dinner was a local restaurant called Pretty Rad. It was a new spot in the downtown core where we sat outside and people watched while moaning in ecstasy-yup, the steak was that good. The chimichurri flavor was fresh with a slight kick and was insanely fantastic. I went on a mission to find a chimichurri topping for steak that mimicked what we ate during that summer night.
And I found one!
This recipe works best with flank steak, but if you want to go ahead and grill up a sirloin and slice it thinly. It will be fantastic!
As a side note, when you decide to make this meal, be mindful that it is best when marinated for up to 8 hours. I would recommend that you combine the marinade ingredients and dunk the steak in the morning to let it soak up the flavors all day.
Flank Steak with Chimichurri
- ⅔ cup Olive Oil
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- ⅓ cup Lime Juice
- ¼ cup Worchestershire Sauce
- 3 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 cloves Garlic-minced
- 1 Flank Steak
- 1 cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 cup Fresh Cilantro
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ½ Onion-diced
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ tsp Salt
- Whisk top ingredients together. This is the marinade. Let the steak sit in the marinade for up for 7 hours.
- Grill steak to your preference. 3-4 minutes per side for 3/4 inch steak.
- Add all chimichurri ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Once steak is done, let rest for 10 minutes, covered with tin foil
- Slice the steak thinly and pour the chimichurri over the slices.